Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pickleball Wing Ding Tournament

Today we got up very early, so we could head over to a pickleball tournament that Rich and Donna invited us to.  The tournament was at King's Point in Sun City and was called the Wing Ding Tournament.  This is only the second round robin tournament we've been to, with the first being the one we hosted.  It was good for me to go and play with all new people, since I tend to have this mental hangup about playing with people I don't know yet.  Since we move every two to three weeks, it is not a good mental hangup to have at all.

I had fun today.  I still prefer just playing with the people at Thousand Trails without the pressure of tournament play, but it was good for me in some other ways so I'm so glad I did go.

Buddy rode with us, and it gave us a chance to know him better.  The people we met and played with were wonderful.  I have often said the pickleball crowd has some of the nicest people we meet, and today proved that to be true.

 
I'm always so impressed with Austin when we go to events like this.  He is so wonderful to not be intimidated about being the youngest person, the youngest player and the only one under 18.  I'm not sure I'd have been able to do that at all at his age!

The weather was fabulous, which just made the day all the more wonderful.  Now I'm off to ice my ankle, which is swollen since I ever so gracefully twisted it and fell.  Nothing major, just enough to remind me that I'm no longer 20.  
 
Living the life in finally warm Florida!

0 comments: