Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

A few years ago, this picture of my granddaughter and her dog was snapped along with a bunch of her playing soccer.  I didn't pay much attention to it at the time.  I thought it was cute, but then again I think everything she does is cute.

Today I was going through those pictures and I saw it through different eyes.  I got it.  It wasn't just cute. Now that I'm a dog owner as in this dog is "our dog" owner...I know what this is.  It's pure love.
 If you were to follow us around with a camera right now, you'd probably catch a few shots of us doing the same thing to Ava.  She's growing rather fond of us by now too.

Living the life in Florida.

3 comments:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

I understand completely since we are also the 'dog owners' of our beloved rescued pound puppy. My kids tease me all the time because I treat him just like a little person. It's actually pretty funny. Your Ava is adorable! :)

DDonald said...

wELCOME TO THE WORLD OF DOG OWNERS. BY NOW YOU HAVE FIGURED OUT THAT AVA IS NOT JUST A DOG BUT A "MEMBER OF THE FAMILY". THIS REMINDS US SO MUCH OF OUR LITTLE BEAU.....THAT TRAVELLED WITH US WHEREVER WE WENT. WE SURE DO MISS HIM. SOUNDS LIKE AVA HAS A GREAT FAMILY...

jaci said...

LOVE. I'm learning about doggie love, too. And I totally get it now.

:)

harvey's Mom