Saturday, March 23, 2013

Trip to Virginia Complete With a Surprise Once We Arrived!

Nathan and I took our first no children with us trip since...well, ever!  We went to Virginia to stay with his Mom.  We headed out on Friday and ended up getting stuck in traffic on Saturday but still made it there in decent time.

On Sunday, we headed down to Daryl and Diana's where we saw their new barn.
We also met Dustin, Lauren's new horse, who was largely the reason behind the barn.  I actually met Dustin once before, but got to spend more time really getting to know him this visit. 
While we were talking horses, Josh came out to see what we were doing.  And he brought some of the white stuff with him.
I'm not a fan of the white stuff.  It cracks me up when people ask if we miss snow.  I can't figure out what on earth there would be to miss.  It is pretty to look at.  If you are looking at it in a picture.  While sitting in Florida!  Beyond that, nope, we don't miss snow.
The chickens seemed to agree with me.  They had ruffled feathers over the snow.
By the time we drove back to Mom's house, this is what it looked like:
 I think it's time to hunker down and stay inside until the sun comes out and melts it all away again!

Living the life in cold VA!




1 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I haven't seen you in blogland for so long, I thought you'd given up on it! Glad to know all is well, and happy I left you on my google reader so that I knew you posted something new.