Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Trip Full to See Friends

This week was supposed to be our vacation week.  We were going to go down to Ft Myers beach to meet up with some friends and to spend some beach time there as a family.  Then I got a job offer to spend the summer at the beach, and I needed our vacation week to work out some of my two week notice.  So we took my two days off to go down instead.  We landed at Peace River and drove down to Sanibel Island for the day.

At Sanibel, I was able to see my dear friend Barb and her husband John.  I haven't been able to visit with Barb in person for a few years now and it was so wonderful to catch up in a face to face way.  She is one of the neatest people I know and someone who has had profound impact on my life, so the visit was uplifting and nourishing to my soul.  We grabbed a bite to eat at a restaurant there and the food was very good, so my body was nourished well too.  I would have liked more time together, but the time we did have was very precious to me.
Since we were at Peace River, we also had a too short visit with some very special friends.  As soon as we returned from Sanibel Island, Rich and Donna had a cookout for us.  I've shared here before how Donna is one of the main reasons I stuck with pickleball.  Beyond pickleball, I just enjoy her as a person.  She is one of those rare people that is sweet and interesting all rolled up in one.

We had the treat of sharing the cookout with some newer pickleball friends, Russ and Jody.  They went to Capone's with us the night we visited there, so we had already shared that fun night together.  We enjoyed getting to know them better tonight too.  We decided to head out tonight instead of waiting until the morning, so we didn't get to play pickleball together.  We loved what time we did have together though.
Living the life in Florida!

0 comments: