Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sholom Park in Ocala Florida

Today was the girls turn to do a day trip, so Donna and I headed out to find some fun things in the area to see.  We were going to a botanical garden in Gainesville, until I realized last minute that it was the one that Nathan and I had already visited.  So we scrambled a bit to figure out what else we could do.  We ended up visiting a place listed on a website for botanical gardens in Florida, a place in Ocala named Sholom Park.
The park was built to capture a place of peace and was named Sholom to honor Sidney Colen's grandfather's name.  The place was in fact very peaceful.  It had many paths to walk along and everywhere we went it was peaceful.
It is the kind of place that if I lived nearby, I'd go there often to just walk to get a little bit of exercise and the chance to unwind.  After visiting the park, we headed over to Chick-fil-a where Donna ate her first ever meal there.  I didn't have my camera inside with me so I did not get a picture of her eating her first chicken sandwich there.  We then headed out to see what else we could find to do.  More on that in the next blog post!

0 comments: