Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Crabfest at Camp Hatteras

Tonight we gathered with our co-workers and had a crabfest with them.  I think this might be somewhat of a yearly tradition here, but I'm not sure of that since this is our first year here.  Camp Hatteras provided the crabs and other people brought side dishes.  I didn't eat any of the side dishes because I stuffed myself with crab instead.

I've never eaten crab like this, meaning crab I had to work for.  It was a really neat thing to learn how to do it.  It was well worth it because the crab was fabulous!

Jack was the chef and the seasoning he used was just perfect.  We have really enjoyed our time here so far.  Not only is the location wonderful, the people are really great.   The time is flying by and I think it's because we are having so much fun.

1 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Catching up! Hard to find time to blog and visit when we're on the road.

Love the memories of Cape Hatteras (like the post below); this post made me laugh because when we crab it's on the Oregon Coast. We hope to do some of that this summer. And like you, I don't eat anything else BUT crab at a crab feed!

Sounds like y'all are having a great experience. I'm glad.