Sunday, February 7, 2010

Other People

We talk a lot about "other people" in our house.  Usually it is pertaining to the reality that no matter how much we like to think we are just doing our own thing in life, the truth of the matter is that what we do affects other people.  So we ponder things in relationship to this truth...how is this going to affect other people?

Today the boys got a great life lesson in how the opposite is just as true.  What other people do affects US.  It started out all good.  The guys were on the pirate ship ride at Busch Gardens.  You know, the one that goes back and forth and eventually turns all the way around in complete circles.  You can tell by the look on their faces that they can totally conquer this ride.  Or something like that.

The one who loves attention spots Mom with the camera! Hi Mom!
Those of us below are saying oh look, they are having so much fun!
Here they go all the way upside down!  I bet they are loving this!
Wait a minute, Austin looks....scared??? sad??? sick???

 Uh oh...something is not right!  It seems when the person in the row in front of you is puking every single time the ship goes upside down...that is just no fun.  Because their vomit sprays all over you!  Ewwwwwww!  Remind me to never, ever go on pirate ships.  Thanks to other people, I will just stay on the ground thank you very much!  Some life lessons are just harder on us while we learn them than others. 
Living the life in fun Florida!

9 comments:

DDonald said...

OH MY!!!!!! Poor Austin - sure hope the rest of the day was much much better. Great writing and great pictures. See you soon back in PR.

Becky said...

oh. my. I'm so sorry, Austin.

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Wow! I am extremely impressed that Austin was able to hold back his cookies through this entire incident! I think I'd have involuntarily joined the action. Poor Austin!

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Wow! I am extremely impressed that Austin was able to hold back his cookies through this entire incident! I think I'd have involuntarily joined the action. Poor Austin!

laurie l. goodman said...

that's just gross.... and totally not what i thought your blog entry was going to say! :) i wonder if he will ever go on a ship again.

Little House On The Mesa said...

Oh my goodness! I used to ride that all the time when I was younger. Thank goodness that never happened when I was there, haha.

Enjoy Tampa. We are sort of on the outskirts ourselves right now but have lived in Tampa for many years:0

Check out Lowry Park Zoo if you get a chance.

Sabbatical, Phase 6- next? said...

Hi! Wow we are missing Tampa and PR but not bummed we missed out on this part!! Thanks for the entertainment....

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Krystal, I had to stop back and leave yet another comment!:) When we were at Six Flags last weekend, we rode a ride similar. Same concept, different name. I've always loved this ride. Well, age is catching up with me because as soon as it started I felt a tickle in my stomach. Uh oh! All I could think of was your story and I was staring directly at my husband and son. I just knew I was going to puke all over them before the ride was over! Thankfully it ended without incident but this is a ride I'll pass from now on!:)

Show Us The World said...

Tonya,

You are making me think how much I don't ever want to ride this, even more. The only thing worse than being puked on, would be me puking on others. So glad you didn't!

Krystal