Sunday, August 22, 2010

Celina OH to Gaylord MI


Today we left Ohio to head to Michigan.  We have been counting down the days until this travel day because it was a very special one for us.  We stopped off at Jackson to pick up our oldest daughter Ashleigh and my nephew Elijah.  I was able to see two of my siblings and even have pictures of them...on my phone.  As soon as I figure out how to get them from the phone to where I can use them, I'll share them.
I lived half of my childhood in Michigan and Nathan and I spent the first five years of our married life there.  Still, neither of us had even been to Northern Michigan.  So we were very excited to be heading that way, especially with some of the kids with us.
As we drove further and further north, it became more and more remote.  And it was beautiful.  Then again, I seem to think every place we are at is beautiful so maybe it is more that it is summer beautiful!
That's fine with me because it's not a bad thing when the whole world seems beautiful to you. 

We had an easy driving day and Elijah and Ashleigh did great!  We are hoping to see some neat stuff with them and give them a glimpse into our life.

Living the life in Michigan!

0 comments: