Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hershey ZooAmerica

Today Nathan, Aric and I went to visit the Zoo here.  It was founded by Milton Hershey and is celebrating it's 100th anniversary.  All of the animals are native to North America which was interesting to us.  We practically had the zoo to ourselves which meant we spent as long as we wanted at each exhibit.

We are even more fond of these majestic creatures after our time with them in Michigan.
We are less fond of these animals after our time in Ohio at a park where they covered our patio with their gifts each day.
This guy is about the same size as the bear that Nathan got up close and person with in TN.  I wish the bear we saw in the wild seemed as zen as this one.  I might have been a hair less nervous then.
These two fought the entire time, and I'm pretty sure they were males based on how they fought.
This most likely was the female, because as soon as she saw they were fighting she came over to check it out.  In fact, I think she is Mom because she has that look on her face like, "I can't leave you two alone for five seconds!"
This beautiful animal was checking out a bunny rabbit that was running free, so he couldn't be bothered with us at all.
And this is the beautiful creature I wanted to bring home with me:
 Living the life in Pennsylvania!

0 comments: