Sunday, August 4, 2013

Turkey Feast at Rich and Donna's

Rich and Donna invited Nathan, Ava and I to their place for dinner.  Dinner doesn't really cover it though because she really made a full Thanksgiving feast.   She had so much there, I could even fully remember all she cooked for us so I took this from her blog:
Hors d'oeuvres included fresh carrots, celery and tomatoes with ranch dipping,  and crackers -and cheese.

Pre - dinner cocktails: Your choice of  straberry dacquari, pina colada, marguarita, wine or beer 

Dinner include a 13 lb turkey, beautifully browned and perfectly moist with sausage stuffing, ( that's the dish with the foil still on it!)  mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, fresh rolls and cranberry bread, and cranberry sauce. 

Unfortunately I had to take the pictures from her blog also, because they were not on Nathan's phone when I went to get them.  Not sure what I did wrong there, but I sure am glad that she had some.

This was a wonderful treat for me, because I did not get Thanksgiving dinner this past year due to having strep throat on that day.  Donna more than made up for it because everything was fabulous!

After dinner we headed to the pickleball courts which is always an interesting experience for Donna and I.  We hobbled along, while the guys barely broke a sweat.  We had great fun though!  I love nights like this and we sure have been spoiled by them since we have been at The Villages!

On a completely unrelated note, our poor girl came back from her nightly walk with green feet!  I'm not sure what was on the grass to make her feet look this way but she was not a happy camper and I imagine it is probably not a healthy thing for her to be walking on grass that produces this result:

0 comments: