Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Take Two

Although Nathan and I have been to this lighthouse already, we were thrilled to visit again with Barb and John because it was so smoky during our last visit.  I'm so glad we did because the view was fabulous from the top.
I have already shared much information about this historic lighthouse in my last post, but just one reminder that there are 248 steps to get to the top.  
 
It takes some time to get there!
The climb is worth it though because the view is amazing!
 


This time we were able to visit the museum and we even caught the movie about when the lighthouse was moved from its former location to the current one.  The movie was much more interesting than I thought it would be.  If you visit, I highly recommend it.  It is incredible to hear and see all that was involved in moving this beautiful piece of the OBX's history.
We had a great time here, and saw that each time we come back, we will learn more things about this interesting place.

0 comments: