Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gasburg VA to Wauchula FL

We were going to drive down to Florida nice and slow.  We were going to split it up into three legs, and stay a few days on two of those legs.  We hopped in the car today planning to land in South Carolina.  About an hour away from the campground, I decided we could try to just drive straight through.  Out of the sixteen months of travel, I can only recall one other time we did that.  I jokingly said traveling with Daryl and Diana must be rubbing off on us.

So we drove fourteen hours straight through to Wauchula, Florida.  Arrived somewhere past 2 am.  Boondocked next to some interesting neighbors whose dogs woke me up about 5 am.  Felt like crud due to both the stupidity of driving that long and lack of sleep.  I still could have kissed the ground when we woke up the next morning and stepped outside.  Not that I'm so fond of the ground here...but it was WARM.  I'm happy.

Just a few shots of the guys during our long drive.  I was playing with my speedlight trying to remember how to use it now that Nathan has it working again.  So I kept snapping pictures of them.  It wasn't until later that I realized they don't even bat an eye when I snap pictures of them.  It's kind of scary.


 
Living the life in WARM Florida!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It wasn't until later that I realized they don't even bat an eye when I snap pictures of them. It's kind of scary."

LOL I know/think you mean that totally tongue in cheek. I think it's a good thing and it lets you get a lot more good pictures.