Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fort Wilderness Campground

We are lucky enough to still have other families around us, and we are trying to soak it up while we do.  It is still an adjustment to us after being used to not having it.  Today, we headed over to Fort Wilderness Campground to see Rich, Lisa, Luca and Akira.  They are one of the neatest families we have met since going out on the road.

Diana, Lauren and Josh met us there.  Becky and Nora are camping right behind us and they rode over with us.  I think I've already shared here that I adore Nora, and I really like her mom too so I was so happy they joined us.  We had a nice group by the time we all arrived.  The kids wanted to swim and after seeing the pool area, I can see why.

 
  
  
As we were driving home, Nora was telling us the states she has been to and what she remembered there.  She told us she liked Pennsylvania and that there is a chocolate factory there.  It is mind blowing to me that a four year old would be able to know the difference between the states and what she saw there.  She is one smart cookie and it is neat proof of how much they do absorb from traveling like we do.
 
Just a great day of fun with friends!  Living the life in sunny but still cool Florida!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Too funny! That's one of our favorite play places. We run over there to walk the trails or catch the campfire movie every couple of weeks. We have yet to take advantage of the pool, though...

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Looks like you've been having a great time! We're hoping to visit Fort Wilderness sometime this year. Can't believe it was warm enough to swim after all the cold weather! Of course, I only see pictures of the kids, maybe that should tell me something!:)

Show Us The World said...

It's one of our favorite places too Becky.

Tonya, you'll love it! The water is heated but still too cold for me.

timkelmom said...

One of my favorite campgrounds and WDW is my favorite place in the world. We, too, loved the pool renovation. Looks like you all had a great time.

Show Us The World said...

We did have a great time! How did the move to Live Oak go for you?