Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Last night we stayed here at Thousand Trails to ring in the New Year.  They had music and dancing in the parking lot.  Nathan was tired from the tournament, and so we considered leaving early a few times.  At Austin's insistence, we stayed until after midnight.  We had so much fun.

We were able to spend some time gabbing with another FOTR that we just met.  I first read about Greg on Rich and Donna's blog Florida Picklers, and asked Nathan who Greg was because I suspected they might be another FOTR.  In typical male fashion, he didn't know. 

As soon as I met Greg, I asked if he was the homeschooling dad and it was him.  He has been down at the pickleball courts with us for the past week so I had some time to get to know him a bit.  I met Cheryl and their three children Shayna, Josiah and JJ the next day and had lots of fun getting to know Cheryl. 

Sadly, they headed out today so we will probably not see them for some time.   You can read about their journey here: The Kalers

The moon had a beautiful ring around it and apparently it was a blue moon also.  It was nice to have that special touch from nature to watch over us as we were spending time celebrating an event of something new.

Wishing our friends and family a Happy New Year!

May 2010 bring as much peace and joy to our lives as this past year has.

Living the life in Florida!

9 comments:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Can you believe I fell asleep before the New Year arrived? LOL- there's always next year!:)

Sabbatical, Phase 6- next? said...

Hi Chrystal!! Wow I love your blog, and you are apparently very timely!! It was awesome meeting you all, I hope our paths cross again. I really enjoyed our talks, and I look forward to keeping up on your blog! And Austins too!! Thanks for doing a great job capturing the fun of bringing in the New YEar together.. I think I'll just copy and paste your blog to mine, haha...

Many hugs -Cheryl

Show Us The World said...

Tonya, we fell asleep before midnight last year. According to Austin, we'd be really "lame" if we did that two years in a row. He kept us awake this year!

Show Us The World said...

Cheryl, I'm so glad you found our blog. I loved meeting you too and hope we can meet up again in KY. We'll keep in touch so we can try to coordinate it. Timely...sometimes...I am timely with the blog. As you know, it is raining today so I have more blogging time.

Hope you got settled into Orlando already and don't have rain there!

unschoolermom said...

Happy 2010 to you, too!

Kandy

jaci said...

Happy 2010 to you, too, Krystal! I am looking forward to more of your travels & reading Austin's pov as well. It was great getting to know you in 2009 - maybe another reunion in 2010? You owe the west coast another visit, you know. :)
For Auld Lang Syne!

gkaler said...

Hi Chrystal! I agree with that Cheryl person! Nice Blog. I was looking at your map of the states you've been too and thinking about ours. If you combine your states with our states we'd pretty much have the whole US covered!

Happy New Year! It was great meeting you guys! See you on a pickleball court soon!

Greg

Show Us The World said...

Yeah, that Cheryl person is pretty smart, huh? ;p

I saw the same thing with the states. It's no wonder we didn't meet until now!

We are so glad we met too. You'll have to scope out a pickleball place in KY, so we can play together then!

Krystal

laurie l. goodman said...

Happy New Year to you all also! And yes, peace and joy-don't forget adventure! :)
Looks like this was a blast!
I'm so happy for you all!
Big hugs,
Laur xoxo