Thursday, June 11, 2009

Japanese Friendship Garden

One of the things I loved to do back "home" was to visit Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens, so I was delighted to see there was a Japanese garden in San Diego. When you first walk up, you see an outdoor patio where people are sipping tea. And that is neat enough even by itself. But there is more greatness inside when you walk past the gate. I was surprised that there were far more people outside than inside, but that just made it seem as if we had the place all to ourselves.The Japanese Friendship Garden originated as a teahouse and now lies on two acres in Balboa Park. Along the winding paths are fountains:
an exhibit of Fujiko Isomura's work and a zen meditation garden:a bonsai exhibit:a ceremonial gate and a light of friendship:
There was such a calm to this place, and everything there was so beautiful. Even the scents in the air were so soothing. This is the kind of place that I love to visit and just sit quietly and listen both internally and externally. I enjoyed the art work that was on display here also. It had surprising elements that made it very interesting. I loved this place!

1 comments:

unschoolermom said...

Looks very tranquil. Just the kind of place my husband would love to relax.

Kandy