Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Checotah OK to Memphis Tennessee

Moving on, we landed in Tennessee for another stop over.  We decided to spend a day here due to all of the music related stuff.  Today Austin and I spent some special teen only time with Lauren and Diana.  We went to the Pink Palace Museum and first saw a movie at the Imax theater.  We saw the movie Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs.  We all thought the movie was very well done and found it interesting.

After the movie we visited the museum there, and even though our time was brief, we saw some cool things there too.  It was such a treat to have time like this with them.  And it had me wishing we lived near each other all year long so we could do things like this regularly.  Of course, that would require us living somewhere, lol.

The most interesting thing to me there was the model of the Piggly Wiggly set up there.  We learned that this was the first self-service store.  It was odd to realize that my grandparents would have been the generation to experience this transition and I wondered what their thoughts on it were.  Since all of my grandparents have passed away, I can't ask them.  So if anyone out there is reading this can share, I'd love to hear it. 

Some pictures of the museum and the beautiful fall leaves outside:




 

0 comments: