Monday, October 12, 2009

The Petrified Forest National Park

Today we visited the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert.  This is another place that Daryl and Nathan visited as children and were thrilled to be here again. 

This park was so unique compared to some of the other parks we have visited.  I was most amazed at the different colors in the wood.  I especially loved the vibrant, rich shades.


 
Austin said this was one of his favorite NP's by far, which I also found interesting.  I thought he might find it kind of boring since there wasn't a wide variety of things to see.


 
And once again I will say how nice it is to have other people we love so much, sharing this time with us.



Living the life in Arizona!

1 comments:

laurie l. goodman said...

Must be so nice to have your friends there... looks like you are finding interesting things to see! How's the weather? I love Arizona! :) Enjoy!