Thursday, April 8, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Peace River

Today we left Peace River and we said goodbye as this is our last visit this winter.  We stayed in Florida two months longer this winter, and although we are excited to be heading out now, it wasn't hard to stay this long because of all the wonderful people we met.  We met so many wonderful people through pickleball.  I don't know what it is about that particular crowd, but they really are some of the best people we've ever met.

At this point, there are not too many of them left in Peace River.  In fact, this morning there were only Rich and Donna, Bruce and Gena, Rich and Dee and I think maybe Faye and Ken.  Although, maybe not Faye and Ken because surely Nathan would have snapped pictures of them also!
 
I don't think we got pictures of Jim and Jane either. This is their last winter here, after touring the US for eight years I believe.  They are a great example of the wonderful people I'm talking about.  As I hugged them goodbye, I was struck by how sad I felt at the thought of not seeing them next winter.  I felt sad that Rich and Donna are staying in Florida and not heading out like most of us are, so I won't see them until next winter.  I was excited to hear that so many others are staying east and we will see many of them in Chesapeake.    

I really do adore so many of these people and am so glad that I did get out to play pickleball more this year so I could get to know them better!

0 comments: