Sunday, November 6, 2011

Boys And Girls

This weekend is National Digital Scrapooking Weekend.  Which means I have sat glued to my computer for hours on end in order to download all the freebie goodies that were out there.  Because I am a woman, I used that time to multi-task and play with a new photo editing program too.

I went back to pictures that I snapped months ago and played around with pictures of my niece and nephew.  And while I was editing, I cracked up at what I saw.  Starting with this picture where I was trying to capture Prissy Missy doing the girl walk in the pool.  When I went to crop the picture, I noticed Wild Man off to the side doing his thing.
This got me to thinking about girls and boys and the differences between the two.  This is not a boys vs girls thing, because it isn't a competition about which is better.  We are just different is all.  In the case of Kyanna and David, they are both equally cute and sweet.  But they definitely have different focuses in life.  Let me show you what I mean.

Girls:
Boys:
Girls:

Boys:
Girls:
Boys:
Girls:
Boys:
Girls:
Boys:
Girls (unaware of Boy):
 and one last time, Boys:
Need I say more?  All the nurture in the world doesn't change some things and I'm glad.  It's nice to be who we are instead of fighting it so hopefully these two stay who they are, even when the world tries to tell them otherwise.  They crack me up!

Living the life in Sunny Florida!



2 comments:

DDonald said...

You are so amazing! Great pictures and a true reflection of boys and girls.........and probably the same for ladies/men!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Cute kids and such truths in this photo essay!

Scrolled down and happy to know you're settling in for the winter and jealous that you're WARM! We're on the road, slightly, but the wrong way -- in Washington State visiting famiy for a few more days, then heading south. glad to see everybody here, but will be happy to get where my toes are warm.