Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Road Trip for the Country Bumpkins

The other day Nathan and I drove up (and over) to Clearwater.  On the way back, I missed the exit for the interstate so it took me through downtown Tampa instead.  I am not sure if we have ever been in this particular section of Tampa.  I saw some new buildings there that were really cool.  Since it was very busy traffic wise, it allowed for me to take my phone out and snap a few pictures at each stoplight.
I didn't realize how funny this probably looked to others, me sitting in my huge truck snapping pictures of building like I'd never ventured into the big city before.  Then I noticed people just staring at me like what on earth is she doing?  I started to feel a bit self conscious.  Not that this stopped me you, but I did want to add a disclaimer to my activities.  At one light, I almost rolled down my window to let the girls in the car next to me know that I see cool buildings all the time.  My picture taking was not an indication of me not being exposed to things, but rather my neurotic need to photograph everything no matter where I am.

You gotta admit, this is a pretty cool building, right?
I decided not to worry about it and just take my pictures.  

Living the life in interesting Florida!


2 comments:

Sara said...

The building in your last photo is the University of Tampa...It is a beautiful building...very historical.

I used to live in Tampa - for almost 50 years - no I live in New Hampshire (not far from the Cornish/VT bridge...

Found your blog by searching for the house in Nights in Rodanthe.

nhsarab at yahoo dot com

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I get those looks pretty often! Don't let it stop you.