Saturday, August 2, 2008

IDK My BFF Diana

My best friend heard I became a new Mom, so she set up a day that all new moms *should* have-a SPA DAY! JK. Really, she did it for my 40th birthday present. I have never been to a spa. I'm not sure why beyond that I am a Mom. Enough said. I truly have the best friends that a girl can possibly have and she is the best of the best. I was so touched that she would do this for a gift to me.

I won't talk about being startled that I'd have to be naked for this, because some of you that know me will giggle just at hearing me say that word. Setting aside that little thing, it was heavenly. So much better than I could have ever imagined. I really don't have words to describe the depths of how nourishing it was to my body and my spirit. We were lying there, wrapped like wet burritos, and already planning our next spa day. I've vowed to get cheap(er) haircuts if necessary in order to keep doing this. We did a massage and skin softening wrap. Every minute, every single minute, was awesome.

After the spa treatments, we went to downtown Staunton, VA to have lunch. We ate at a great Italian restaurant and gabbed like school girls. The day went by WAY too fast. It was one of the best days of my life.

While we were being pampered, Nathan was driving all over God's country to find Auburn a dog. I called him at some point to check in and he starts gushing about the puppy they found. It's a purebred. It's a lab. It's the sweetest thing you ever saw. He's sitting on my lap right now. I love him. I'm not sure I ever heard him gush over our own children quite that much, but I guess being a grandparent does that to you.

It really is the best little puppy. A big old mush ball of love. He is going to get spoiled rotten for sure.

We ended the day by having dinner at Nathan's mom's house. She built a new house and this is the first we've seen it. Just gorgeous! I love it and I'm so happy for her. She made dinner which I always love. Then we headed back to our campground and left the kids with her for two glorious kid free weeks.

Life is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have a really great together time!

too funny! I'm not sure if you know that when you leave a comment here it makes you use word verification. I got the letters aceMEOW! LOL

Enjoy your kitty babies.

Show Us The World said...

Oh, that's so funny. LOL