Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunshine on my Shoulder

I haven't talked about our cats in some time because to be honest, they don't make for exciting writing material usually. They've grown up and matured which means they spend most of their days eating and sleeping and staring at us when they want something.

My cat is brilliant and I'm not just saying that because she is mine. She will come and butt you with her head and make head motions towards what she wants when she wants something. She is also a major control freak and thinks we all work for her. She's taken up a habit otherwise known as peeing on the blankets of people who make her mad. So I have to sometimes work at tolerating Miss Mimi. She doesn't always make it easy.

Shine on the other hand is pure delight and he's the one that boosts my ego each and every time I'm around him. Shine is our cat that we joke is half dog because he gets so excited when we give him attention and he LOVES touch. He is touchy feely to an extreme. He purrs when he just thinks about us petting him. He came with the name Shine, but I call him Sunshine because he is often the bright spot when I'm having a dreary day.

Case in point, he just has to reach out and touch someone with his reassuring hand (paw), even when asleep: I'm not saying he is my favorite, just saying he is my Sunshine.

5 comments:

unschoolermom said...

That is so sweet! We have a cat like that - Garfield. He's yellowish/orangeish, too. He loves attention and loves to be loved.

Kandy

jaci said...

I miss my Ziggy cat. He had to be touching you. Oh heck - I miss CATS in general. Thank you for "loaning" yours to me in your blog.

Anonymous said...

yes! we are still here! will be for a week!
if you are here, let's find something fun to do!
dandelion.girls@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

i nominated you for an award!

and sorry i missed you in la!
we wont be back to texas until next week.

Show Us The World said...

Thanks for the nomination!

We'll still be in TX next week, so give me a holler if you are coming through near us (north of Houston) and we'll see what we can work out!