Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cadillac Mountain

Our traveling buddies are leaving first thing tomorrow morning, so we borrowed their kids for some last minute fun and headed over to Cadillac Mountain in Acadia. A geeky little fun fact: this is the first place the sunrise hits the United States. We plan to drive over at dawn to witness this event. Tonight, we watched the sunset there. It was really incredible.At some point, two year old Joshua noticed that there were boats below and became very excited about that fact. I pointed out the big sailboat and said how big it was. He looked and told me, "it's little". I asked how he knew it was little. He held up his fingers, squinted while he visually "measured" it and then while holding those fingers up for me to see them said, "It can fit in my pocket." LOL And this is why I find talking to littles to be a priceless experience.The kids were much more into this than I had thought they might be.These views really take your breath away.Afterwards we ate at a fabulous Mexican place, Miguel's. So far this was by far the most impressed we were with dining out here and if we ever return, I'd love to visit this place again. Great food, great prices and the staff was superb.
More pictures here and here

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just looked at all of your pics and they are beautiful.
What an experience you guys are having :)
Thanks for visiting my blog, it's nice to meet you.