Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Love Letter #67

This is today's love letter.

A love letter to my children:

What is an example of nostalgia in your life?

I love playing some of the games with you that I played years ago when I was a child. It is so fascinating to me that they have stood the test of time as well as they have. I hope you will be able to play them with your children someday. It takes me back to a time in my life that where life was good and reminds that life is good still.

Other things are:

Root beer floats
S'mores
Bike riding
Classic rock
Skipping stones on the water
Jump ropes
Roller skating

Don't ever think you are too young or too old to be nostalgic. Nostalgia isn't where we should live, but it's a great place to visit. It helps us remember what blessings we've experienced in our lives and what hardships we've endured. It reminds us of our history both as individuals and corporately. And it makes us warm and fuzzy inside. And that's a great thing.

0 comments: