Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Madness

Monday must be the day most things are closed in this area because we tried to visit Pioneer park and it was closed, headed over to the Animal refuge and it was closed, then drove over to Solomon's Castle and it was closed. It was very frustrating. Then I remembered that TT had bowling at the bowling alley on Mondays so we decided to try that. Success!


We had so much fun!

We headed back to TT and were able to play some pickle ball this afternoon and early evening and I have to stop and mention that our pickle ball recruits are starting to play a mean game. Daryl has a mean spin on his serve now and Diana is slamming the ball with the best of them. We forgot to tell them that they are not allowed to ever become better than the people who recruited them!

As we were playing, I was pleasantly surprised to see Faye and Ken come over to the courts. I don't think I've seen them since Chesapeake, but I follow their blog and Faye always writes me the sweetest emails so I'm a huge fan of theirs. It was great to see Ken up and moving around so well and I'm hoping you are feeling better too Faye.

We made fajitas for dinner with meat that we bought at our favorite Mexican restaurant and it was wonderful. After that we sat around the campfire and chatted. We love days like this and we love it even more when Daryl and Diana are with us to share the day with.

1 comments:

unschoolermom said...

I have not been bowling for years and years. Looks like fun!

Kandy