Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Love Letter #64

Letter to my children

Question-Who was a teacher that changed your life?

One of my earliest and most loved teachers was my Aunt Maureen. She was vibrant, fun, interesting and dynamic. Most of all she had a heart for us "girls" (my sisters and I) and she spent time with us and treated us like people. She believed in us and she helped me to believe in me. You can do it seemed to be her life theme song and it inspired me. I started to imagine I could do anything, be anything, pursue anything, and conquer anything when I spent time with her as a young girl.

I hope she left a bit of her legacy with me/my life. I see her in how I interact with all of you. I hope a piece of that is left and seen in your lives. You would have loved her and she'd have loved you.

1 comments:

unschoolermom said...

That's so sweet! I love hearing stories like that!

Kandy